Useful information for guests arriving to Miskolc
The major attractions of Miskolc can be well easily accessed by public transport. By bus or tram we can get to the Cave Bath and the boating lake in Miskolctapolca, to the Palace Hotel, the Hámori Lake or the waterfall in Lillafüred, but the castle of Diósgyőr or the beautifully renovated city center is easily accessible from the train and bus station in Miskolc, as well.
Bus and tram lines
If we arrive to the city by train, we arrive to Tiszai railway station.
- From the railway station we can get directly to the Downtown by taking tram no. 1, 1A or 2, in about 6-8 minutes.
- One can get to Diósgyőr directly, as well, by taking tram no. 1 in about 30 minutes.
- Lillafüred and Ómassa can be reached - indirectly through the final stop at Upper Majláth (Felső Majláth) - by taking bus no. 5 or 15, in about 15 minutes (counted from Felső Majláth).
- The easiest way to get to Miskolctapolca by getting off tram line no. 1, 1A or 2 leaving from the railway station, at the stop called Szinvapark, then we have to take bus no. 2 or 20 at the Centrum stop.
- We can get to Miskolc ZOO and Culture Park by indirect lines. We get off bus no. 1 at Felső Majláth, and then by taking the ZOO line that goes upon demand, we can get directly to Miskolc ZOO and Culture Park.
If we visit Miskolc by coach, we arrive at Búza Square.
- From the Búza Square, the Downtown can be reached by walking for a few minutes.
- From the Downtown, we can arrive to Diósgyőr by tram line no. 1 easily, in about 20-22 minutes.
- There are indirect lines to Lillafüred and Ómassa. We can get directly to Felső Majláth by taking bus no. 1 or 1B or tram no. 1, where we have to switch to bus no. 5 or 15 we can easily access Lillafüred or Ómassa.
- From Búza Square, Miskolctapolca is accessible by bus no. 2 or 20 directly in about 20 minutes.
- We can get to Miskolc ZOO and Culture Park by indirect lines. We travel by bus no. 1 or 1B to Felső Majláth, and then we get off there and by taking the ZOO line that goes upon demand, we can get directly to Miskolc ZOO and Culture Park.
We have to purchase a ticket for the bus and tram lines. This can be done either in advance at the ticket and permanent ticket offices but also at the driver of the vehicle. To get on the vehicle, we can use the first door and to get off the vehicle, we can use the back doors.
- We can purchase a book of tickets containing 10 pieces of tickets valid within the administrative boundaries of the city.
- We can travel by using a 24-hour ticket which is valid for 24 hours after the starting date and time (month, day and hour) marked according to the customer’s request.
- We can also purchase tourist tickets valid for 3 or 7 days; they are valid from 0:00 on the starting day indicated on them to 24:00 of the second or sixth day after it on the scheduled lines of MVK Zrt., for an unlimited number of travels, within the administrative boundaries of the city. The seven-day tourist ticket is issued for one’s name and can be used only by one person.
- We can purchase also a family ticket for the weekend (one or two adult tickets and for up to three children under the age of 14), which is valid on the given weekend, from Saturday 0:00 to Sunday 24:00 on the lines of MVK Zrt., for an unlimited number of travels within the administrative boundaries of the city.
- On long, holiday weekends MVK provides a discount, about which further, current information can be found on Facebook and the website of the corporation.
|Book of tickets||HUF 3,000|
|24-hour ticket||HUF 1,200|
|Tourist ticket for 3 days||HUF 3,000|
|Tourist ticket for 7 days||HUF 4,000|
|Family ticket for the weekend||HUF 2,500|
|Combined 24-hour student ticket for groups, for up to 5 persons||HUF 3,500|
|Combined 24-hour student ticket for groups, for up to 10 persons||HUF 7,000|
Miskolc Pass Tourist Card
Learn about the convenience and cost-efficiency provided by the Miskolc Pass tourist card! 15 services free of charge, unlimited public transport and countless discounts with a single card! www.miskolcpass.com
We offer further information
If you need more information or further travel information or if you have any comment or request in connection with the public transport of the city, you can contact the Public Relations Office of MVK Zrt. at the address of Szemere u. 5, by phone on the following number: +36-46/504-810 or by e-mail at the address of email@example.com where the employees of the company are ready to help you.
|Travel with us also on Facebook where you can find also this information.|